Saturday, July 29, 2006

China Mission Visiting Orphanages 3








Day 6 to 7, we visited Orphanages in Urumqi, there we got meet some the communist officials running the orphanages, seeing how Buckner’s love has earned the trust of even the tough communist hard-liner. I got to hear the stories when Buckner first came to Urumqi, the official in the orphanage didn’t let them meet with Children at all, they were very suspicious, so Buckner and Tallowood people, just spend time pulling weeds. Little by little, trust was
Also through out this week, me and Liz got to talk to our tour guide Sunny, Sunny shared with us that her grandmother was a Christian, who often singed worship songs to her when she was a little girl, also her English teacher in the university was a christian, she often got to share with her about Jesus and Christianity. We got share with her what it means to be a christian, she asked for me to share with her my story, I got share with her my testimony and how to have a relationship with God. We felt God is just going after her all these years, she is so close. At end of our journey she shared with Jerome, I see so much love in you all, how can I have what you have? Please pray for her.
One thing God has been teaching me is that how wasteful I am at managing his resources, how much He was given us, yet I spend on such stupid stuff, $600 digital camera, where $450 can support an orphanage’s needs almost a year. God bless us so we can bless others primarily, sure God want us to enjoy His gift as well, but that is not main reason why God bless us.

No comments: