Saturday, July 29, 2006

China Mission Visiting Orphanages 2








Day 5, we came to an orphanage in Shi He Zi, 2 hour away from Urumqi, this orphanage had more kids about 20 or so kids. We took them to a park to play, on the way there, I got hangout with a 12 year boy, we got to talking he told me about his family, that his father was an alcoholic , who beaten his mother and him, finally his mother had enough and left with his sister. One day in the winter, that was really cold, he woke up heard his father using axe cutting stuff outside, he came out not know his father is still drunken, he father used the axe hit the boy on his arm, luckily the thick layer of winter cloth saved his arm. He run home and closed the door, and called the police, while his father using axe beating on the door. Police came and arrested his father, he was homeless, a friend of his father send him to the orphanage. As when I was listening to his story, I told him about my story, he keep saying to me, “Your life is just like mine”. I looked at him, I saw a picture of myself 11 years ago.
I thought to myself, all of us were orphans in God’s eyes, we all have sinned and turned our hearts away from the Lord, how God so faithfully pursued after us, to bring us to his kingdom, as sons and daughters of the living God.
In the evening of day 5, we had dinner at a hot pot restaurant, Sunny our translator fund out one of the waiter in our suit was also a Christian, he has been following God for 6 years. In that 6 years, he meet a Christian from California, who was in Urumqi sharing gospel, two day before we meet him, that man just left and went back to California, and he was so sad that the man left. As our conversation progressed we asked him if he was interested in bibles, we had tons of Chinese bibles, he was really excited, we give him about 20 Chinese bibles, and he was so joyful, that he told us that God really used us to lift his spirit.

No comments: