Saturday, July 22, 2006

China Mission 2nd Day - Great Wall Conqured, Arrived at Urumqi


Great Wall, last time when I was here I were 6 year old. It seemed alot longer and bigger.


The steps are steep..... This is the ultimate stair master program.

The last tower at end of this section of the Great Wall.

Idol worshipping, there are money dropped at foot of the idol for good luck and protection.

Starting this trip I had a idea of what mission trip should look like, but as the trip progressed, we were staying at plush hotels, have our own huge bus to just taking 18 people around. Been taken to tourist traps, and eating Americanized Chinese food, I felt disappointed, I felt what am I doing here, why I am taking my precious vacation time off for this, this suppose to be a mission trip, we are not mangling with the China, how can we relate to the Chinese if we are not will to go to the place they go, eat at the place they eat and stay at the place they stay.

I noticed as I keep thinking about those thoughts, my mood become very sour, God started to speak. I felt He was telling me, Huan it is not about you and your plans, I felt He was telling me I want you to serve and love your brothers and sisters in Christ, you are not God, it is not about if you did this and that then you can bring them to salvation, I felt He says, it is not about you at all, it is all about Me, I will bring them to salvation weather you are at plush hotel or at where Chinese stays, I am God I can do all things in all situations! I felt God telling me stop judging your brothers and sister with you, you are Chinese Huan, they are not, they are already so brave to just come here spend their time and resources to make room for me to use them, you can't judge them and expect them to be Chinese, they are not.

I felt God keep telling me, rejoice always, be a refreshment to your brother and sisters in Christ, left them up, not to bring them down, rejoice in My Power, and watch what I will do, and stop trying to be God in my world, it is not about you! But about me, love me and your brothers sisters and the people of this world, and watch What I will do!

After I heard that, I felt much better, I felt such a burden has been lifted, I had such a good time having fellowship with brother and sister the rest of the day, and trying to encouraging each other, remind them the gifts God has given them and how wonderfully God has made them to be!

In the evening 8PM, our flight left Beijing, we arrived Urumqi at 12:30 AM Sunday, got to hotel and into our rooms @ 1:30AM, now its 3AM, I think I need to sleep...

So good to know that God is in control, and He will be glorified on this earth, and it does not depend on me at ALL!

No comments: