Friday, July 21, 2006

China Mission 1st Day - Bible Secured


After 18 hour of flight, we finally arrived in Beijing, everyone sooooo soooooo tired, super jet lagged. Praise the Lord the contact in Beijing was able to help us to secure 80 Chinese Bibles, and 20 Chinese/English Bibles from this little church hidden in middle of a busy street, it is literally a tiny hole on the wall, if you don’t know where it is, you will never find it. We wasn’t able to buy 20 Chinese/English bible, it was very rare in Beijing, but after she found out where we were going and what we going to do with them, she let us brought all of her stock, all 20 of them. Praise the Lord!

On my taxi ride back to meet up with the group to have dinner, I just start talking to the Taxi driver, he shared with me the dissatisfaction of the communist government, how dis-illusioned he is with them. He told me when he was 20 year old, he was working in the state owned factory, he really believed in the government, how every morning he woke up he felt he was doing something to advance communism, he had a meaning and purpose, he worshipped the communist. Now he says, communist government has failed him, all the promises they promised never materialized, he realized the communist are human, they are all greedy, and corrupt, everyone of them; he lost his zeal in the communist, and that sense of purpose and meaning he once had, all he seeks after is just money and material things, but even that does not satisfy. I asked him, if he could go back to the old days, have meaning and purpose in life again, would he want it. He told me he really wanted, but he don’t believe that could happen. I told him how I have seek after things of this world and they never satisfied, and how when I was on the oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico, I started to read the bible and realized that, yes all man are evil, we have all fall short of glory of God, man’s nature is sin. And we all have a God shaped hole in our hearts, and it so big that nothing we have can fill that hole, only God can. By being close to God that is only when our life can have purpose and meaning. And then I arrived at the meal place, I give him a copy of Chinese bible we just, brought, he was so happy and excited that he helped me carry all of the bible out of car, and he thank me for the bible.
The whole time I was talking to this man, I felt spirit is telling me share who I am to him, I was almost scared, say to myself, no, he is just a stranger, I need to love him, and nothing more, but the spirit’s whisper grow louder and louder, I start to pray for this guy that God would bring opportunity and open his eyes, and opportunity just came up.
China really is a place so spiritually hungary, so thirsty, not like Americans who’s hearts are so calloused and hardened. Really this is a place that truely, the harvest is ripen and worker is few.

No comments: