Monday, November 22, 2004

Letter of Encouragement

Huan,

Thanks for following God into this step and letting us know what has come of it. I know I speak for many of those reading this email when I remind you that your faith has encouraged us all. More importantly, your life including your recent actions pleased God.

When you and I talked on the phone before your meeting, I reminded you that you have done what you were supposed to do: be a seeker of God in your everyday life with Scripture and prayer; seek counsel from godly men; examine your heart and the circumstances. The time had come to leave the trench, and you did it like the men before you. Well done, Huan.

God would have us remember that those who leave the trenches may be wounded, but they'll never die. Men who suffer in Christ go on to glory, and our Father rewards them. Those who stay in the trenches may never receive wounds, but the trench will be their grave as COWARDICE slowly buries them alive.

I write in this way because everyone reading this letter has treated the recent proposals with seriousness. Now we should all acknowledge the glory found in obeying God. You, and others had the heart of men to climb out of the trench and face life. Each man had to find his own nerve to fight, and each of you found it.

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation." ISAIAH 12:2

In Christ,

-Kelly

No comments: