Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Challenge to the Missionary

"The challenge to the missionary does not come on the line that people are difficult to get saved, that backsliders are difficult to reclaim, that there is a wadge of callous indifference; but along the line of his own personal relationship to Jesus Christ. "Believe ye that I am able to do this?" Our Lord put that question steadily, it faces us in every individual case we meet. The one great challenge is - Do I know my Rised Lord? Do I know the power of His indwelling Spirit? Am I wise enough in God's sight, and foolish enough according to the world, to bank on what Jesus Christ has said, or am I abandoning the great supernatural position, which is the only call for a missionary, viz., boundless confidence in Christ Jesus? If I take up any other method I depart altogether from the methods laid down by Our Lord - "All power is given unto Me.... therefore go ye." "
-Oswald Chambers
October 27 of My Utmost for His Highest

No comments: