Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Went to LT at Orlando this past weekend, God teached me something new at LT this weekend.

So far this summer.

Work, it is also been really great, I am learning so much from them, I just finished my 3rd project, and its been only a month, God is really teaching me a lot about his design in petroleum engineering. I meet a lot of Christians are my floor, mostly interns and new hires, we having lunch everyday, and just having awesome fellowship with each other, share about our lives. Work is providing lots for me financially, I fix some problem with my car, even get to help financially for my father, give to the church and still have enough for my needs, God is just so good. I really hope I can get hired on with Kerr-McGee, it seems so far a great company, I like the atmosphere a lot.

God is teaching me lot about pride this summer, I didn't think I was very prideful, but its becoming more clear to me that i am indeed very prideful, and God's humility is just so high that no way i can reach that through my own work. He look at us like ants, and 1) He can have compassion for our sin/suffering, 2)He not only want to help us, He can just save us by miracle, every time we suffer/sin. 3)But he chose not to do that, He choose to become a human, becoming like an ant, and drying the most awful way an ant can die, in order to take there miserable ant's suffering/sin away for eternality. It is just beyond me to think of God's humility, and it is so clear that no way I can do the same by my own work, just imaging myself willingly become an ant, that is just blow me away just to think about it. There is no way I have the humility like Christ, opposite of humility is pride, and I am very prideful indeed, only way for me to have humility like Christ, is accept Christ's help.

God blessed me with a good job this summer, people around me are giving me praises, it is easy for me think I deserve this and think highly of myself, but in reality I don't deserve this job, my grades are not so good, people with higher grades than me stilling looking for job. Praise from man are like a test, I shared with LTers I sometimes wishing I don't have to endure this test, I can just go work at universal, doing what everyone else is doing. But God want to teach me something, and next summer definitely I will go to LT, before I start working so I won't get so hot headed, and full of myself.

1 Month down, 2 more to go, I am already learned so much, I am excite to see what God has in store for me for the rest 2 month.

No comments: