Monday, July 26, 2004

Lighting my world.



This weekend, I was invited to a birthday party, at first I didn’t want to go. Because I know what this kind of party usually is, probably will be lot of drinking, smoking, people are not the usual people I am accustomed to, and many temptations. I thought to myself, do I really wanted to go? No way, I don’t think I will enjoy myself there. Then I thought to myself, if the people there are like anything I imagined to be, this will be an excellent opportunity to evangelize, to be a brightly burning candle that shine onto their dark void in their soul. So I went, on my way, I prayed to God that He come tonight, shown Him self to there people tonight, I am not going to even try with my own effort, but He is going come and use me just as the way I am to do His work. I went to the party and it was just exactly what I though it is, I talked to them and made friends with them, later on that evening they invite me to bowling with them, on the way one guy I meet shared his life story with me, how he left home at 16, out on his own since, how he didn’t have a father, how his father abused him and I shared my testimonies with Him, told him that if he “Seek first his kingdom and his Righteousness, all you need will be added you.” That the Lord will provide, just do his best, all you “need” will be given to him. He told me later that evening that He is Catholic, He thank me for tonight talking to him. As I left them that evening, those guys asked for my number, they invited me to join them every Saturday at bowling. It is so true like that song says

“There is a candle in every soul
Some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a Spirit who brings a fire
Ignites a candle and makes His home

So Carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the hopeless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world”

No comments: